FIRST LESSON:ACADEMIC PARAGRAPH

 Hello guys, this is my first publication and I hope you like it.

Today's lesson is about How to write an Academic Paragraph?

First of all, before you write an Academic Paragraph you must know Principles of Writing, if you don't know them I'll help you out.

Principles of Writing.

Sentence: A sentence is a group of words, compound by a subject, verb and a complement. It always starts with a capital letter and ends with a period. Example: I eat pizza on Saturdays.

Phrase: A phrase is a small group of letters in which it doesn't express any idea. It misses one of two of the indispensable elements of a sentence. Example: Hi Lisa.

Paragraph: A paragraph is a part of a text  that express an idea or develop a topic. 

  • It has to be a minimum of five sentences.
  •  It only has to deal with one main idea.
  • It has 3 sections that are: Introduction, development and conclusion.
  • It's maximum length is one page and a half. 

Now that you know the Principles of Writing let's start our Academic Paragraph.

First, you need to find a topic, if you don't know anything about a topic you must need to do research about it.

In this case I am using a  paragraph that I wrote, let's take a look on it.


This is Allison. (TOPIC SENTENCE)  Controlling idea(This is) Topic(Me)

My name is Allison, but my family and friends call me Ali or Alita. I do not like that my family call me Allison because I feel that they are scolding me. I am eighteen years old.(INTRODUCTION)I love chicken but prepared in a special way as for example: It has to be without bones.(Examples are important to evidence) I am a coffee lover if someone wants to make me happy give some good coffee from places such as: Dota, Tarrazú, Naranjo, and Orosí. I like to hear Pop and Rock in English, also I love Italian Rock. I am a huge fan of superheroes movies, but specially of Marvel, I like DC superheroes, but I think that Marvel superheroes are other level. I love watching Disney princess movies, but I do not like the part in which they want a prince. One of my hobbies is cooking pastries and dishes from other countries as for example: Mexico, Italy, France, Colombia, Venezuela, United States, Canada, and others. I am studying English Teaching, because someday I want to improve how the teachers teach English in schools, and also, I want to teach this beautiful language in an effective and funny way. An interesting fact about me is that I love believing on energies. (DEVELOPMENT) To conclude, I am not a such interesting person, but I would love teaching someday. (CONCLUSION)

THE TOPIC SENTENCE IS ORANGE.

THE DEVELOPMENT IS LILA.

THE CONCLUSION IS PINK.

EXAMPLES ARE YELLOW.

As I said before, an Academic Paragraph has 3 sections and as you can see, these 3 sections are highlighted. Each sentence on the development are supporting sentences that help us to develop a topic and giving support to the main idea.

And that was the lesson of today guys, I hope this help you.

See you the next week, Byeeeeee.

                                    

Comentarios